Add Reply
New Poll

Campfire
Esyld
 Posted: Jan 22 2014, 09:20 PM

Administrator
Group: Admin

listen for a voice crying in the wilderness
There was a small stream that fell off a small outcropping and dripped down along the moss. A baby waterfall just on the bare edge of Esyld's territory headed closer to the wolves of the mountains. The moss clung to water droplets on bedraggled fingers curled by age and gravity. Esyld supposed they could be better described as long curled hair but the way the moss hung on to the water was too much like a creature gripping its meal to be anything passive. Esyld was standing on the edge of the stream that turned away from the drop, one front leg sinking into the cold wet mud and the other placed upon a collection of small water-smoothed stones. Her maw was still dripping from a moment before when she had been taking long laps at the brumal water. She had glanced up and seen smoke puffing its way past the tree tops. It was some distance and the wind was blowing it away and down the valley's grove from Esyld, which is why she hadn't picked it up before. It was a simple column, not a widening cloud, which meant it was isolated. It was not such a surprise that it remained such sense the season had been full of long thunder-filled showers and the damp clung to every still and uncovered presence. Esyld has seen the like before, enough to guess on what it could be. Her ears flicked back against her head and she turned to look back once the way she came before shaking herself and taking a small leap to clear the stream and carry her into the trees beyond. She put the smoke in her eye and picked a path that angled towards where she thought the base might be.
### , tagged , notes ,

--------------------
stained
just wasn't
redfromwine
In touch with the ground I'm on the hunt I'm after you Smell like I sound Mouth is alive with juices like wine And I'm hungry Stalked in the forest too close to hide I'll be upon you by the moonlight side High blood drumming on your skin it's so tight You feel my heat I'm just a moment behind
PMEmailWebsite
^
Illarion
 Posted: Jan 22 2014, 11:22 PM

Adolescent
Group: Moderator

i drag my teeth across your chest
It was warm. Despite being a temperature most would consider near-freezing, for Illarion, it was warm. This time of year it was just-tolerable enough to head further down the mountain. The edge of his boundary was kissed with frost and felt crisp underfoot as he made his way into the border of mountain and forest. He did not want to be here, but certain things do call one to attention. Smoke was never an omen of good. Illarion would have been more than happy to leave well enough alone, but it’s presence on the boundary meant that the forest’s shebuck was going to be there. It would make him seem craven to miss out on her fun. It did not take long to find her scent, a subtle blend of iron, silt, and moss, but it took much longer to catch up to her swift feet. At the sight, Illarion gave a soft call of “friend” before addressing Esyld.

“I can’t believe I caught up to you. You’re getting slow in your age, ya?”

to taste your beating heart
### , tagged , notes , ♥ lauz

--------------------

Lay down the lines, do not move them, or I will be both the first and last you see.
Alpha Illarion

PM
^
Esyld
 Posted: Jan 22 2014, 11:45 PM

Administrator

"Hardly so, I heard your oafish crashing through the forest and decided I'd throw you a bone." Esyld turned and slowed to a stop to look over at Illarion. Her nostrils flared and pulled his scent into her nose. As always his scent was strong, pungent enough to bring tears if you weren't accustomed to it, old crusted iron like a tool left to rust in a stale pool of water. She sneezed to push the scent out before it took root and flicked her ears back and up. Her breath briefly shadowed her face with the rough exhale, but disappeared soon enough and only the smoke still rising behind her marred the air. She tilted her head toward it. "I suppose you're here for the same reason I am." She didn't bother to make it a question as with Illarion their was hardly a point to beating around the bush.
### , tagged , notes ,

--------------------
stained
just wasn't
redfromwine
In touch with the ground I'm on the hunt I'm after you Smell like I sound Mouth is alive with juices like wine And I'm hungry Stalked in the forest too close to hide I'll be upon you by the moonlight side High blood drumming on your skin it's so tight You feel my heat I'm just a moment behind
PMEmailWebsite
^
Illarion
 Posted: Jan 23 2014, 01:00 AM

Adolescent

Illarion snorted his amusement at Esyld’s wit, following her gaze to the column of smoke. They were close. He could see where the plume was moving through the trees, but not where it met the ground. Esyld had put them down wind of the disturbance- something Illarion had not taken the time to notice until now. The smoke hadn’t spread since he’d first spotted it meaning that wild fire was unlikely.

“It hasn’t gotten any bigger. Forest and Mountain should be fine.”

Esyld likely wanted to know what started the fire, but Illarion saw no point. Why know the thing you ultimately cannot stop? All this aside, he had not seen his neighboring alpha in an age. Catching up on an adventure would be enjoyable. For now, he would tag along.

“You want closer look, I take?”

--------------------

Lay down the lines, do not move them, or I will be both the first and last you see.
Alpha Illarion

PM
^
Esyld
 Posted: Jan 25 2014, 06:03 PM

Administrator

"Yes I do. I like to keep track of what goes on this close to my territory especially fire and what it can bring." Esyld turned and started up her light jog towards to base of the smoke. They were both close now and soon the trees were thinning. Wide bare rocks were breaking up the ground with their rough moss blighted skin. Small drifts of snow and ice that had collected in the little furrows around their base. A few flickers between the underbrush indicated that the fire they were seeking was but a few feet away. However, Esyld slowed her pace and crouched behind some leafy brush before appraoching any further. Chatter could be heard coming from what Esyld assumed was close by the flame. It was no birdsong, or whine and growl of a forest dweller, but a rising and falling cadence of a human. The smoke from the fire had masked their scent and the dense vegetation that had blocked the view of the flame had kept the humans from their sight as well. Now though as Esyld spied under and up by the base of the trunk, she could see the paws of the two legs they favored stretched out towards the fire. There were two of them and by their lose stance they seemed relaxed and unaware of the two wolves at the edge of their camp.
### , tagged , notes ,

--------------------
stained
just wasn't
redfromwine
PMEmailWebsite
^
Illarion
 Posted: Jan 27 2014, 10:09 PM

Adolescent

Illarion followed Esyld as close as he could manage. Stealth in underbrush was not his forte- given his size. At this time his thoughts turned to the blanket of silence wrapping his mountain, how it would cover all the pesky scrub and hide his footsteps. Oh winter- His musings were stopped with Esyld and the sounds of chatter. Not birds though, there was no music in what he heard. He held back for a moment, checking his surroundings to be sure he didn’t stick out like white dot on a black canvas. There was a light dusting of snow and ice in the area that might conceal him enough, but he kept behind Esyld for more cover.

Two- two was good. Illarion would be more than capable of taking one of those things on his own, so Esyld’s help would be more than enough… so long as they didn’t carry thunder. He tried to get a better scent, but the smoke masked the smells around them. He looked for one of the long branches that carried the thunder, but he couldn’t see any in plain view.

He motioned for Esyld to step back as he moved out of the visitor’s sight.

”What do you want to do now? Chase them out or eat them?“

No one would accuse Illarion of rash creativity with regards to species he considered lesser than himself. Though the two-legged naked things made him uneasy- mostly with their thunder- the few he’d seen were quick to panic at the sight of wolves. At least that’s how it worked when Illarion appeared before them. He imagined that in this case it would be no different.

--------------------

Alpha Illarion

PM
^
Esyld
 Posted: Feb 2 2014, 08:36 PM

Administrator

These two had their things spread out across they’re campground. They had cooking gear close to the fire with the most used items closest and least spreading away and towards the brush. As they had yet to begin cooking their meal the food was on the outskirts of the spread. All this sat off to one side of the human on the left. In between them were a few bags with some of their contents have pulled out. They were thrown towards furthest away and closest to the two wolves. Seeing this disorderly array Esyld pulled back her upper lip in a simile of a smirk. "Let's have a little fun." She flicked her ears back and forth in a quick motion. Esyld ducked a bit more so that the longer fine hairs on her stomach brushed the packed soil. She crept along the bush line towards one of the bags closest to her. A few branches caught on her hide and made a soft sound like the bristles on a brush when swept on a pillow. It was too lite for the human pair to hear over their own talking and the kept up their activities none the wiser. She glanced back once at Illarion a shot him another smile before creeping forward and closing her front teeth around a strap on the bag and drawing it back into the bushes with her.
### , tagged , notes ,

--------------------
stained
just wasn't
redfromwine
PMEmailWebsite
^
Illarion
 Posted: Feb 2 2014, 11:29 PM

Adolescent

Illarion tilted his head as Esyld responded and made her way closer to the camp. He moved to the side for a better view. The shebuck could have her fun. A mountain of white drew attention no matter how slowly it tried to move, so Illarion wasn't getting any closer.

He kept an eye on the intruders. They spoke loudly and were positioned in a way that even a pup could sneak up on them. Illarion considered scaring them from their nest, but by the time his scheming started to produce interesting results Esyld had returned with her prize.

The shebuck had done the work, she deserved to rend her catch. Alphas, he found, had a very strong nature towards things they deemed theirs. He knew this well in himself, and in his experience the shebuck had a...very strong nature. He gave a quiet yip of play as he muzzled the ground near her trophy, awaiting invitation.

--------------------

Alpha Illarion

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

affiliate buttons

Far Point Stables: A Realistic Horse RPG

SKINNED BY SARA OF ATF & SHINE .
fixed sidebar code made by shani of shine.
tabbed sidebar credited to kismet of rpg-d